Number tattoos, whether they feature single digits or more complex combinations, have become popular in recent years as people look to commemorate special dates, anniversaries, or times in their lives when something lucky happened.
Even if you don’t believe in luck, these number tattoos can be seen as a reminder of how far we’ve come and how much progress we can make.
Number Tattoo Ideas
A Cool idea is to combine words with numbers for a unique look. For example, you could create an eye-catching design by spelling out a word in numerical form.
For the more daring, you could also try programming languages like binary code or HTML to create impressive designs. You can even use mathematical equations as tattoos for a truly one-of-a-kind look. And if you’re feeling creative, you can combine numbers with other symbols and shapes to create something unique.
Here are some of our favorite ideas that you can try:
1. Infinity Sign: Get an infinity sign tattooed to represent eternity, everlasting love, and limitless possibilities. It’s a cool look that’s also meaningful.
2. Roman Numerals: This can be used to symbolize dates that are special to you like birthdays, anniversaries, or any other important moments in your life. Plus, it looks classic and stylish at the same time.
3. Chinese Numbers: These tattoos are more intricate than the traditional numbers and they have different meanings depending on their design (like luck or good fortune). They look great when placed anywhere on the body and would make for a unique piece of art.
4. Lucky Number Seven: Get your lucky number seven tattooed on your body. It’s associated with good luck and can be a subtle reminder of what you hope to achieve in life.
5. Arabic Numbers: With its intricate design, this type of tattoo is perfect for those who want something more elaborate than the tattoo of the typical number. Plus, its meaning is deeper than just simple numerals as it symbolizes divine power and inner strength.
6. Infinity Symbol With Numbers: Combine the infinity sign with specific numbers or dates that are important to you for an eye-catching piece of art that has a symbolic meaning attached to it.
7. Math Equations: Get creative by incorporating math equations into a number tattoo. This could represent a passion for mathematics or be inspired by an equation that has special meaning to you, such as Einstein’s famous formula of mass-energy equivalence.
8. Binary Code: Get the binary code tattooed onto your body to represent the power of technology and computers. It will surely turn heads and make for a unique piece of art.
9. Roman Numerals With Meaning: The numerals often represent important dates or events, such as birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and other significant life milestones. They also are associated with inspiring quotes or mantras that can be meaningful to the person getting the tattoo.
10. Hexadecimal Tattoos: Represent the power of coding and programming by getting a hexadecimal number tattooed onto your body. It looks cool and also has a deeper meaning that only those in the know can appreciate.
11. Chinese Numerals As Art: They make an excellent choice for those who want something unique yet deeply rooted in tradition. Not only do they look beautiful when put together in an artistic design but they create a meaningful connection with Chinese history and culture that will last forever. On top of that, traditional Chinese symbols are known to ward off evil spirits and bring good luck.
12. Equation Of Life: The equation can be customized to represent your unique journey through life, making it ideal for tattoo designs. As the symbol evolves along with you over time, its meaning becomes ever more profound.
13. Pi Symbol With Numbers: Get creative with your numbers tattoo by combining the pi symbol with specific dates or numbers that are meaningful to you. It’s a great way to express yourself while showing off your knowledge of mathematics.
14. Number Symbols And Shapes: Get symbols and shapes like stars, hearts, or arrows combined with the numbers that represent something special in your life. This type of tattoo is artistic and unique, perfect for those who want something truly one-of-a-kind.
15. Yin Yang With Numbers: By adding numbers to the Yin Yang, it adds another layer of meaning, representing not only the forces of nature but also the mathematical principles behind them. This can be seen as a reminder that we must take responsibility for finding balance in all aspects of our lives – physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional.
Number Tattoos Meanings and Symbolisms
Number tattoos can have a range of meanings, depending on the number picked. For example, the number 2 is often associated with balance and harmony. It could symbolize two parts of life that are in sync or two people who want to show their bond with one another.
Similarly seven stands for knowledge and wisdom, 8 suggests infinity and power, and thirteen can mean strength and resilience.
One of the most common single-digit tattoos is “1” which usually stands for strength and power. This can be a reminder of self-confidence or an ode to someone else whose strength you admire. Other possibilities include “2” to signify balance and harmony, “3” as an expression of creativity, or “4” as a representation of justice and equality.
The number eight is linked to good luck and prosperity, so someone might get an 8 tattoo if they’re hoping for a lucky streak in life. Other numbers may have special significance to an individual or represent milestones in their life such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Some people will even choose different numbers from different languages or cultures for more specific meanings.
Multi-digit number tattoos often turn these individual symbols into more complex ideas. For example, two visible digits like “88” could represent eternity – which could be a reminder of long-lasting friendship or love. Three digits like “111” can stand for manifestation – expressing the idea that what you think, you can create. The combinations are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
The inner wrist is a fairly common spot for a number tattoo, where it can have a subtle yet meaningful presence. Other spots to get a number tattoo include behind the ear, at the nape of the neck, on an ankle or foot, or along your spine.
Some people also choose to get their number of tattoos in more visible areas like their arms or shoulders.
Now let us head to our photo gallery that has the best number of tattoo designs suitable for both men and women:
Old English Number Tattoo
Number Gothic Tattoo
Also read Side Tattoo
Number Creative Tattoo
Number Calligraphy Tattoo
Roman Numeral Tattoo
Whether you choose the traditional numerological style or add modern touches like symbols and elements, these tattoos will always look great on your body. If you are still confused then ask your facebook friends or Pinterest followers which number tattoo will suit you.
References: Number Wiki